The Red Tent Difference
Why It Matters
- 60% of incarcerated women have children under the age of 18
- Florida’s incarceration rate for women is 60 per 100,000, close to the nation level of 61.
- Pinellas County ranks 5th statewide in the number of total jail admissions with a capacity of 378 women daily.
- Predictors of rearrest are poverty, lack of housing, lack of gender-responsive and trauma informed interventions, and family reunification.
- The Red Tent addresses each of these critical areas to build new lives for women.