Make a Difference in the Lives of the Women We Serve - Now Hiring
Facilitators for the overall program supporting both the In-Jail and/or our Diversion Program at an assigned facility are responsible for implementing Red Tent’s trauma informed curriculum through daily instruction. Evaluate the curriculum’s effectiveness and provide guidance for changes and/or improvement. Oversee all Red Tent operations at the jail or assigned facility to ensure important tasks needed for a jail environment are completed.
The Program Facilitator is a part-time, non-exempt position reporting to the Executive Director.
- Implement Red Tent's trauma-informed curriculum through daily instruction during assigned program timeframes.
- Evaluate the curriculum's effectiveness and guide changes and improvement.
- Build an environment in the jail class of safety, non-judgment, acceptance, and an open heart.
- Embrace the pillars of the trauma-informed program, including the Red Tent class and its teachings.
- Integrate tools and mindfulness skills the participants learn through the curriculum and reinforce their use.
- Maintain a positive relationship with our program partners within the Jails and our Diversion Program by adhering to their requirements, including immediate notification of participant behavior and when requirements are not followed.
- A passion to lift up women and make a difference in their lives
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Counseling, or related field with experience in an AOD (Alcohol and Other Drugs) or mental health setting
- Demonstrated teaching and or facilitation experience
- Experience with trauma-informed care
- Maintain a valid Florida State Driver's License to be verified annually
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
Education: Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Counseling, or related field with experience working within an AOD or mental health setting
Compensation: The position's starting compensation will depend on qualifications and experience.
Successful candidates must successfully complete a background screening and have a valid driver's license.
The Red Tent Women's Initiative, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that respects and empowers each individual and supports our workforce's diverse cultures, perspectives, skills, and experiences.