Make a Difference in the Lives of the Women We Serve - Now Hiring
Facilitators for the overall program supporting both the In-Jail and/or our Diversion Program at an assigned facility are responsible for implementing Red Tent’s trauma informed curriculum through daily instruction. Evaluate the curriculum’s effectiveness and provide guidance for changes and/or improvement. Oversee all Red Tent operations at the jail or assigned facility to ensure important tasks needed for a jail environment are completed.
The Program Facilitator is a part-time, non-exempt position reporting to the Executive Director.
- Implement Red Tent’s trauma informed curriculum through daily instruction during assigned program timeframes
- Evaluate the curriculum’s effectiveness and provide guidance for changes and/or improvement
- Build an environment in the jail class of safety, non-judgement, acceptance, and an open heart
- Embrace the pillars that comprise the trauma informed program that comprise the Red Tent class and its teachings
- Integrate tools and mindfulness skills that the participants learn through the curriculum and reinforce their use
- Maintain a positive relationship with our program partners within the Jails and in our Diversion Program by adhering to their requirements to include immediate notification of participant behavior and/or when requirements are not followed
- A passion to lift up women and make a difference in their lives
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Counseling, or related field with four or more years in an AOD or mental health setting
- Hold one of the following certificates: CAC, CAP, CCJP or CRSS or similar (preferred)
- 2 to 3 years of demonstrated teaching and or facilitation experience
- Experience with trauma informed care
- Maintain a valid Florida State Driver’s License to be verified annually
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Counseling, or related field with four or more years in an AOD or mental health setting
Compensation: The position’s starting compensation will depend on qualifications and experience.
Successful candidates must successfully complete a background screening and have a valid driver’s license.
The Red Tent Women’s Initiative, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer who respects and empowers each individual and supports the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.