Red Tent Accomplishments
- Red Tent Program has served 1,000 Women in Pinellas County between 2012 through April 2020
- Lower rate of reincarceration for participants in Pinellas County (24%) in the first year vs the National Rate 56%.
- 76% of participants do not return to jail in year one
- Longest Running Program in Pinellas County Jail
- Red Tent is unprecedented in conducting a trauma informed program within a jail or prison.
- Addresses root cause behaviors that contribute to spiral of addiction and incarceration.